Monday, November 21, 2011

10 Week Bulking Progress Pics

It is now 10 weeks into my bulk and after a low carb, cardio day I am sitting at 172.5 lbs.

This is up 4.5 lbs in 5 weeks which is not quite a 1 lb a week gain but it's close enough and I'm happy to be gaining at this slow, steady pace. I never want to go back to where I was before.

As far as the Anabeta goes, I definitely feel a difference and can see a difference in the mirror using this as opposed to when I was using the T2-Xtreme. I've been gaining more strength in the gym so I believe it is having a positive effect. It actually feels like the T2-Xtreme wasn't doing anything compared to this Anabeta!

Staring to look "bulkier" 
Christmas tree still present...but barely :(
Can still see my abs but definitely looking bigger and chunkier
These most recent pics show I'm looking bigger but also less muscular due to the fat gain. I'm okay with the rate of fat gain at this point as I don't look "fat" yet and can still see my abs. As far as body measurements go, I have gained 1 inch on my waist but 2 inches on my chest! I'm very happy with this as I have been prioritizing my chest during this bulk and it's awesome to be seeing results! :)

Keep checking back! I'll continue to keep you guys updated on my bulk! How has everyone else's bulk or cuts been going?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like great progress. Thanks for sharing your experiences so far.

Are you seeing large strength gains as well? It sounded like you have already been weight training for awhile, so I'm curious as to whether IFing and your routine may be helping push your strength to new levels.

Duong Nguyen said...

Thanks for the compliments Erik! I wouldn't quite say large strength gains but they are steady. For example, I've increased the weighted dips from 145 to 160 lbs. That's the lift I'm most excited about and am trying to reach 170 lbs soon!

Adel Moussa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adel Moussa said...

Hi Duong,

dunno, if you read the last installment of the Intermittent Thoughts on Leaning out First, but if you did, you may remember my comment about the persistence of acquired fat cells. Judged by the pics, you are just about filling those back up... thus the slightly bloated look.

What do your macros currently look like? Also how much leafy green vegetables (and other potassium rich / alkaline foods) are you getting on a daily basis? Any idea on the caloric surplus?

And last but not least, I honestly think that the Anabeta does about as much as a happy sugar pill (and the T2 in non-hypothyroid individuals), as for the images, there really is no difference I could see (and there is no science that would even remotely suggest that, as well ;-)

Duong Nguyen said...

Thanks for the insight Dr. Andro! I would say I get a small amount of leafy green vegetables in a day, about 2 cups worth.

On most days my macros are the same as when I was cutting except with the addition of 100-150 grams of carbs on weightlifting days.

I also have zero carbs on non-lifting days as well.

However, I have found that I've been eating too freely lately and it shows in the pictures. I definitely need to tighten up my eating for the rest of my bulk :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...